Miracle skin soup recipe
When I was a teenager, my grandmother use to make this soup for me when my skin was freaking out or if I were having an allergic reaction. Even at 12 I was skeptical it would work but I trusted my grandmother's confidence. She would tell me that her grandmother used to make it for her in the summer time when she had a rash. To my surprise, the soup did work time and time again. Not only did it calm my skin down, it also boosted my mood. Mung beans are small in size but packed with a combination of manganese, potassium, magnesium, folate, copper, zinc and various B vitamins. All of which directly or indirectly benefit your skin and hair and help stop the inflammation that lead to breakouts. I hope you give this a try, it tastes great and my grandmother will be happy :)
60 g (2 oz) mung beans
6 cups water
3 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste
- Soak beans overnight, or least for 4 hours, in plenty of water.
- Place beans in a large pot, add water.
- Bring to a boil, stir, and simmer for 20 minutes (do not cover).
- Turn heat off, cover, steep for 30 minutes. Add sugar, stir.
- Let cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour, and serve.